Early morning on Tuesday, December 20th the high winds experienced in Mason County damaged a portion of the Pioneer Middle School construction project. As many as 25 trusses over the gym and commons area were brought down by the high winds. We are thankful to report no injuries and all debris fell within the construction safety fence. The District and contractor are working with their builder’s risk insurance to cover the cost of this loss. We are still assessing the damage and consequences of this time loss, but we do know:
- The Contractor’s insurance will cover the cost of this loss.
- We do not anticipate any significant delays on the project and/or completion date.
- This event will not impact the structural integrity of this building.
If you have addition questions or concerns, you are encouraged to call the Pioneer School District Office at 426-9115, ext. 3 and speak with the Superintendent, Martin Brewer.
Pioneer School District is on Winter Break from December 19 – 30, 2016.
School resumes January 2, 2017 at 8:30 am.
Thank you community member Tim Rusher, Sr.
Due to weather conditions,school is closed today Friday, December 9th.
Due to weather conditions, all after school activities have been cancelled for tonight December 8th.
At this time, Pioneer School District will be operating on our regular schedule for the remainder of this week.
We are closely monitoring a storm system that is expected to affect Mason County tonight and into Friday.
As we experienced earlier this week, weather patterns are very unpredictable. Therefore, we are asking families to be prepared for a variety of potential impacts to the school schedule. To include late starts, early releases and full school closures.
The nomination window for next year’s Highly Capable Program is open through January 13, 2017.
- All second and fifth grade students in the Pioneer School District will be nominated for the Highly Capable Program.
- If your child is not in second or fifth grade, you will need to sign the consent form and file it with the Pioneer School District by Friday, January 13, 2017.